Out of curiousity to who visits Demons.ninja, I use a stat counter that uses a tracking cookie that captures anonymous data from visitors so I can see where in the world people come from to visit my site, how many people come, and see what pages or articles they find of interest. The information is for my eyes alone and is never shared with any third party.
If you have ever had a website and made use of a tracking service, you get hooked on the fun and information you can get about the visitors to your site; such data used to be more useful before the search engines decided to hide the keywords that visitors used to find you, as that let a webmaster know what people found interesting based on the time length people would stay on a certain page, and in general, use such info to make a more interesting site, give better content people were looking for if they did not stay very long, and so on.
Now, however, that information is not available for free, and that leaves only getting the information if your pages are getting visited, and how often a day week or month. All the same, statistics through visitor counters still have value to see if your site is getting visited or not which is why I still make use of such stat counters, and have crafted this privacy page so you have clear understanding your privacy is respected at demons.ninja and while there is cookie tracking it is solely an anonymous tracking for my site's stats.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our website in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained."